Health insurance can be an expensive affair and ObamaCare can prove to be an added advantage for Democrats in 2014. Also known as The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the aim of this law, which was signed on March 23, 2010, is to provide easy access to reasonably priced health insurance, improve quality, and regulate health insurance industry and lower health care expenses.
- The reforms which will kick in 2014 will help combat the rise in health care costs and provide reasonable health insurance to more Americans.
- This law will protect consumer interest. It will help you from being denied treatment due to mistake in the application, dropped in the middle of treatment, and a better legal standing to fight insurance companies. It eliminates gender discrimination too.
- ObamaCare will help individuals to get insurance by expanding Medicaid eligibility and health insurance marketplace. Even those who have taken Medicare will be provided with same benefits as ObamaCare.
- Subsidies will be provided to families living below the Federal Poverty line and those annually earning less than $25,000.
- Companies that have more than 50 full-time employees will be given a choice between providing insurance or paying a penalty. This will help those employees who haven’t been covered by their employers and have to rely on emergency services. Those with less than 25 full-time employees will qualify for tax credits, tax breaks, etc. of up to 50%.
- If you make less than $200,000 as an individual or $250,000 as a family, then you will be exempted from tax that ObamaCare levies. It will be mandatory for every individual and families to get health insurance, otherwise they will have to pay per month fee.
- If you enroll yourself in the Marketplace plan on or before March 31, 2014, then you do not have to pay penalty for the previous months. ObamaCare also provides State specific Marketplace plan for individuals, families and those running small businesses.
- ObamaCare will not allow 650,000 jobs to be lost as employees will be able to cut back their hours, since they do not have to depend on their jobs to pay for their family’s health care plan.
Average Americans will be able to save a lot of money under ObamaCare plan. These are some of the points mentioned in the law that will be a plus for Democrats in 2014.